Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shortcut for personal growth

There is such a link? Absolutely.

Whenever you get with friends long-time-no-see, tell you? Will come to you with surprise, "Wow, you've changed a lot. What have you done? " We would always friends tell me so and made me think again about five years.

Five years ago, has been living happily in Shanghai and has never had the thought of leaving there, until I met a friend who had just returned to Shanghai, having lived in Australia for 10 years. During one of our talks, said to me, "it is good to see the world, if you get the chance. You can experiment with the different culture and different perspectives. " What said registered in my mind. Half a year later, an opportunity of work I decided to come to Singapore and began to explore another country.

Today, I'll say it was a decision without regret and has been an enriching experience. If I hadn't met and made friends with him, I could have taken several years to come. He was the friend I met, who influenced me in my journey of growth.

Until now, I never stopped to meet many new people and get to know them and their lives. It is always fascinating to explore different experiences that others have.

Might be stories that someone said it has opened a new world to me;
might be the words of someone said that a new light on me;
could be the adventurous personality, someone has discovered unlimited possibilities of life for me.

It was the people I met in five years and the positive impact that had on me that I have brought along the path of personal growth.

Motivational Speaker, Charlie Jones "Huge," he said, "is the same person in five as you are today, except for the people you meet and the books they've read."

1. do you meet new people? What to learn from each person you meet?

2. how to "books laws"?

I can't stress more on this. All great minds were reminds us again and again.

"His spirit fed with the bread of books." ~ Edwin Markham

"Books are lighthouses built in the great sea of the time." ~ E.P. Whipple

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; They are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. "~ Charles W. Eliot

It was seven habits of highly effective people who planted the seed appreciative and empathetic in my heart;
was how to make friends and people of influence that has strengthened the readiness of my listening ear;
It was almost Buddhist purified my soul, who grew up in me a peaceful mind;
was failing to forward that gave me courage and determination;
was developing the Leader within you that showed me the opportunity and hope.
......

You know how many people stopped reading after they have left the school? Over 80% of the population. You're one of them?

Mark Twain said, "the man who read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

If you continue reading, you know how much benefit you?

Five years from now, it will be different? You choose to do another you?

Cynthia is a voice and speech coach and trainer, based in Singapore. She helps you discover your true inner voice that is authentic and confident. She also assists organizations to vocal training and presentation.

To get more updates on entry through articles, podcasts and video lessons, Subscribe newsletter of Cynthia on her website-http://connectingtosuccess.com/

Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Cynthia_Zhai

Cynthia Zhai - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment